Well, first of all, I’m grateful to Shreya (a wonderful artist and an amazing person) and Shruti (a great writer, you’ll relate to her posts) for nominating me for this award. It means a lot. Be sure you check out their blogs. Thank me later.
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers, whose work they find interesting, to motivate them and promote them as well. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and posts a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award(image) on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- Prepare a new set of 10 questions you want to ask from your nominees.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your blog or mine(they might not have ever heard of it!)
So, I’m going to break one of the rules, I apologize for that. But I don’t think I can actually choose a single favorite blog of mine. There are many.
10 Random Facts About Me :
- Apart from writing, I also play the keyboard.
- I’m very much into music, I also compose cinematic scores and some other stuff. So, if you’re looking for some original music for your projects, hit me up. (I know self publicity is embarrassing)
- My favorite writer is Dan Brown.
- My favorite musical artists are Tupac, Eminem, Dr Dre, Biggie, Kendrick Lamar, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Metallica, twenty one pilots, Imagine Dragons, Panic! At The Disco, Green Day, Queen, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Guns N’ Roses, Dire Straits, Ed Sheeran and some more. (Yes, that’s a lot)
- I’m a second year engineering student.
- I’m a football enthusiast.
- I’m an automobile freak.
- I have an unusual interest in stock markets.
- According to me, pasta with red sauce is better.
- I’m a professional procrastinator.
As I’ve been nominated twice for this award, I’ll answer Shreya’s questions first:
How would you describe yourself in only 3 words?
Pen, Keyboard, Chicken.
How would your friends describe you?
Cracks lame jokes, will always eat chicken if you ask him, writes well, a good taste in music.
Which is the most memorable day of your life?
November 26, 2014. Memorable, and not in a good way. I’d rather not talk about it.
If you’re the only person on earth, what are the 3 things you would want to keep with you?
A Pen, keyboard and my phone. (I’ve assumed there’s unlimited supply of food)
Which is your favorite book/ movie of all time?
Favorite books – Angels And Demons and Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyoski.
Favorite movies – Fight Club, The Shawshank Redemption, Pursuit Of Happyness, 8 Mile.
Who do you admire the most? And why?
Elon Musk. He’s the perfect example of changing our lives like we dreamed it to be.
Warm colors or cool colors?
Are you happy with the gender you’re born in?
What are you good at? (Other than writing, maybe!)
Playing the keyboard, suggesting music and procrastinating at studying.
Anything you would want to change about the society?
The caste system in the Indian education system, maybe?
Now, answers to Shruti’s questions :
If you could wake up as someone/something else for a day, who/what would it be? Why?
Elon Musk. Just to check if he’s a human, a robot or a human who came back from the future. Also, to gift a Tesla Roadster to the real me.
If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
The caste system in the Indian Education System.
What does writing mean to you?
An escape to my “mind palace”.
How did you start blogging?
I used to write poems way back. Sometimes, when I read them now, I realize that was some cringy stuff. *sighs*. My diary was the only one which knew what I wrote. I was planning to make a blog on blogger, but my friend Ashutosh had just started his blog on WordPress then. So, I found it more friendly and he has helped me a lot in that.
What other interests do you have?
Music, football, technology, stock markets, movies.
Do you have any dream destination? If yes, where is it and why?
To be honest, I don’t have any 😛
Give yourself a caption.
“I’m bored, can you give me a caption?”
Do you have any favourite writers or poets? Who are they?
Favorite writer – Dan Brown.
Favorite Poet – Robert Frost.
Do you have a favourite book series? What is it?
The Harry Potter series.
Do you have a favourite phrase/tagline/quote? If yes, what is it?
“We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.” – Robin Williams, in the film Dead Poets Society.
My nominees are :
My questions to the nominees are :
- What do you do apart from writing?
- What’s your escape from the world?
- Would you be rich and never find true love or find true love and be poor?
- A bright sky or a calm ocean?
- What are your favorite books?
- What are your favorite Movies/TV Shows?
- How would you describe yourself?
- What one quality do you wish you had?
- How much does writing mean to you?
- Do you prefer pasta with red sauce or white sauce? (I ran out of questions)
Ciao, have a good day!